1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed with my arcam dv88

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Twan1, Dec 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Twan1

Twan1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    i bought an arcam dv88 about 2 years ago, i then had it upgraeded by arcam with the progressive scan board.

Can anyone tell me what mpeg decoder it has or how i can find out??

I would also like to know if it can send an interlaced signal as am planning to get it sdi modifeid to run into a lumagen hdp.

(i've been advised this would be the best option rather than buying a new arcam 79 or 27a, picture quality is my main concern?????)

2. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
  3. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    He asked about the MPEG decoder, not the deinterlacer.

If it's an original DV88, it has a Zoran Vaddis 3 MPEG decoder. The later DVD Plus models have the Zoran Vaddis 5 MPEG decoder. The Vaddis 5 provides double duty as a deinterlacer, although a Vaddis 5 DV88 Plus can also accept the SiI504 PS upgrade (I have such an upgraded DV88 Plus).

The Vaddis 3 players have firmware 1.x something and the Vaddis 5 players have higher versioned firmware, now up to 5.13.0.

I believe this info is right. Sometime feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure about an upgraded DV88, but a DV88 Plus with the SiI504 PS upgrade has 2 sets of component outputs. The original output that provides interlaced-only video from the Vaddis, and a second set on the PS board that provides deinterlaced-only video from the SiI504. The player can output both interlaced and deinterlaced video simultaneously.

Dean