Help needed with mkvmerge

W

webego

I have managed to rip the audio from a DVD to 2 channel AAC insread of DD 5.1.

I have read that you can replace/change the audio tracks using mkvmerge. I have downloaded this and taken a look but cannot get my head around how to do this. I had originally ripped the dvds with anydvd to iso files but have since deleted these after the transcoding to mkv. How can I get the original sound track i.e. 5.1 dolby digital track from the dvd disk into the mkv file using mkvmerge or other software?

Thanks

Geoff

Last edited by a moderator:

jameson_uk

Novice Member
you need to get the DD stream into a seperate file then you should be open both files in MKVMerge, untick the audio from the original file and tick the audio in the new file. This will however create a new MKV file (so you wil have two MKVs at the end of all this)

W

webego

Thanks for the reply. How do I rip just the DD 5.1 track to a separate file? Can I use handbrake for this?

broona

Would it not be easier to re-rip the DVD with the 5.1 soundtrack using something like Make MKV? Saves messing about! ;)

W

webego

Sorry broona, my original message was edited by the moderator. I have already ripped 20 or so DVDs and a whole season of a tv show (23 episodes!) thus wanting to find an easier and less time consuming method rather than start from the beginning again.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom