Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help needed with lifeless Humax 8000... Please!

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Tetlee, Nov 22, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,765
    Hi all,
    Is there anyone who can recognise this Humax PVR8000 problem that may have a solution please? I'm sure I read about this problem before ages ago.

A couple of days ago I swithed on my Humax from standby but instead of the usuall load bar (initializing.... something, can't remeber :blush: ), it did two seperate load bars, the first said something like " Loader Version h3.06" and then a second load bar with "loader version h3.06 Game". Once these bars have loaded I get nothing, just a blank coloured screen :confused:
    I have tried switching the device off from the back several times, even leaving it switched off for over a day hoping it would reset but no luck.

Any advise or help would be much appreciated :lease:

2. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    When you power up the box, it loads it's operating system from memory (the firmware) and this stays resident in volatile fast memory used by the system all the time that the power remains on. If it did not do this, the start up would be much longer and more importantly, scheduled recording would not work.

It looks like your box has either lost the information stored in the non volatile memory (the firmware) or has developed a hardware fault in the memory/processor area.

Try to reflash the firmware via a cable, if it is the first problem. The question that you would have to ask is 'why did it lose the firmware in the first place?'

If that doesn't work, it's back to Humax time.

3. macta

macta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Might it also be worth checking that the hard disk connections haven't come loose (e.g. open the box and just check the disk connectors)? Its a long shot but I guess after loading the firmware I guess it then goes to the disk.

4. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I know this is probably a daft question, but what happens after it finishes all of this and the screen goes blank?

Does it sit there with the LED in the power button on the front of the unit lit in RED?

If so, what happens when you then press the power button on the front of the unit? Does it go green?

I would give your retailer a ring, all these boxes have a 2yr warranty underwritten by Humax themselves so getting a replacement won't be an issue (if needed).

5. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,765
    Thanks all for the replies, looks as though I'll have to get in touch with QED (where I bought it from, bet all the good films come on tv now :rolleyes: )

In answer to what happens after the load bars have finished and all goes to a blank screen, the humax still displays "bOOt", there is then no response to pressing any of the buttons on the remote or the unit, even the standby button doesn't respond, it stays green.

Damn, I hate sending things back :(