1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with Kenwood Series 21

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by finnis, Jan 3, 2004.

1. finnis

finnis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Long shot guys, but...

I've got a Kenwood Series 21 system, but the CD player is faulty. Spoke to a well-respected repair shop and was told not to bother repairing it.

However, trying to find a replacement model (D-R350 or D-S300) is proving nigh on impossible.

Anyone know where I might get one of the above (tried e-bay etc) or, maybe more realistically, which Kenwood CD players would work (ie can be controlled by the Kenwood Graphical Remote) with the remainder of my system?

Told you it was a long shot!

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    What is wrong with it ?
    Maybe it just needs cleaning inside or an adjustment.
    Have you tried a lens cleaner ?
    I would try another repairer, possibly it could be put right for less than £50.
    Wouldn't bother fixing usually, but as it is part of a system it could be best solution. :cool:

3. finnis

finnis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Intermittently doesn't recognise discs. Will recognise a disc and then will stop playing it for no reason or you can put five discs in the thing, it will recognise all five and then two minutes later it won't recognise any of them. Worse than useless, really.

Do those lens cleaners work, then? Do you mean the CD versions?

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yes, or DVD version, it is always better to take the lid off and thoroughly clean the laser lens / assembly of course, but the lens cleaners are sometimes sufficient.
    Your problem does sound like a laser issue, particularly if used in a room where people smoke or a bedroom where dust is often displaced. :cool: