1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed with HS10

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Pulsar, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    Hello.

I got my HS10, and am very pleased. I currently have it running through component video on a standalone DVD player. I have got a Radeon 9700 in my PC and DVI cable waiting to be used for optimum picture quality, the thing is, I can't get everything to work together. When the DVI is plugged into the graphics card, it cuts off the moitor signal, and gives the HS10 a 640*480 picture. Windows installs the monitor as a Plug and Play monitor with a maximum resolution of 800*600.

Can someone please give me a fool proof guide to connecting the projector to the PC, including what to install the projector as etc.

Help is very much appreciated.

Rob

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    First of you need to download Powerstrip, a google search will find it easily and its shareware. this will allow you to create the custom res of 1368*768, you'll need these settings in the advanced settings.

1368x768=1368,72,136,208,768,1,3,21,79223,3094

You'll need to reboot to send the setings to your graphics card but before you do in the adavced ati control panel settings you need to uncheck the box which says hide reolutions that this monitor cannot display.

You may have to do this more than once to get the settings to stick, you may also have to enable the dual monitor upport in the ASTI control panel to enable the dvi output.

Get this bit done and give us a shout when your stuck!;)

3. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    Hi John.

I already have powerstrip, and have tried to put the settings in that you have given above. It says it has accepted them, but it does nothing. More concerning than this is the fact that when the DVI cable is plugged in it switched my VGA cabled monitor off but does not display on the projector, possibly because I am trying to run at 2 high a refrewsh rate. I am now going to re-install windows and start again.

Please give me more info:D

Rob

4. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    1st off go into the ATI control panel then display tab and make sure that the two displays, monitor and flat panel proably are both enabled, that the dvi is primary and that it clones to the other.

Make sure the HS10 is on dvi with computer and not rgb enabled.

If still no luck have another go at the Powerstrip settings, did they stick in powerstrip itself?

5. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    Hi John.

ITS WORKING:D

Thanks for all the help. I hadn't made the DVI input a computer setting, and had to fiddle with Powerstrip. When the customer 1368*768 is on the projector, my LCD monitor goes a bit crazy, so I switch it off.

The picture quality is a lot better through the PC and DVI than the component cable and my Toshiba.

Now it is time to fiddle.:)

Cheers

Rob

6. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    John.

Can you offer any advice on the following.

I now the DVD playback at full screen at native resolution, looking nice etc, but the picture does not seem to pan smooth. I have tried both Power DVd and Win DVD, and they are both the same.

What can I do to correct this? I have seen that people recommend Thearter Tek DVD playing software, but I think it costs quite a bit and would like to have a trial before I brought it. Do you know where I could get this from?

Cheers

Rob

7. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33