1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with Free DVD player (Thompson 4000)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Craig Crane, May 10, 2001.

1. Craig Crane

Craig Crane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those that know me (and my system) will know that I would not include this free Thompson 4000 into my HT room. However, as it was free, I would be happy to have it mod'd for multi region. However, the usual suspects (techtronics) dont do one for this model. Does any one have any thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. philmate

philmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Could try upgradeheaven.co.uk, not sure if they do the Thompson though. :rolleyes:

3. Craig Crane

Craig Crane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found the hack. Its remote based. So I have just set it to region 1. It's only gonna be used by the wife, so I am not that bothered. But just in case, here it is....

How to convert your Thomson DTH-4000 player into a multi-region compatible machine

On various Samsung models this hack will also disable Macrovision, but you have to turn off the Quasi-PAL option and set the SCART output type to Video rather than RGB.

Always perform a Cold Start before applying the hack below
    1. Power on your player
    2. Press and hold both the Play and Stop buttons on the player
    3. After a short while you should be presented with a set of language options. Release the Play and Stop buttons on the player
    4. You will now need to select a language option between 1 and 6
    5. Power off your player and then power it back on
    To convert this player to Multi-Region playback
    1. Press the Menu button on your remote control
    2. Press the Repeat button on your remote control
    3. Using your remote control enter the code below, note that you must know what Region your player is currently set to in order to know which code is appropriate
    for Region 1 use 2, 9, 3, 3 and 4
    for Region 2 use 3, 8, 7, 6 and 7
    for Region 3 use 5, 6, 7, 3 and 2
    for Region 4 use 7, 6, 8, 8 and 4
    for Region 5 use 5, 3, 8, 1 and 4
    for Region 6 use 2, 4, 4, 6 and 2

4. A code should be displayed on the screen indicating the current Region setting of your unit. Wait until this code is no longer shown before continuing.
    5. Press the 9 button on your remote control for Region free, or 1 for Region 1, 2 for Region 2 and so on.
    6. Press the Open button on your player
    7. Press the Standby button on your remote control
    8. Power off your player and then power it back on
    If the player sticks on FBI Warning screens
    1. Press Forward Search x2 or faster, the disc should skip straight to the main featuer