Help Needed with DVL-300 JVC

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by dpcolgan, Jan 2, 2007.

1. dpcolgan

dpcolgan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help. I am looking for a way to get my JVC GR DVL-300 video tapes to DVD. I have a DVD-RW from RCA and it has a DV-in, I need to know how I get both Video and Audio to the DVD recorder. Currently, I can get the video via the S-Video port in the camera to the S-Video port in the recorder but alas no sound at all.

Any help at all would be very appreciated. I am pretty much a newbie when it comes to the Mini-DV world but I am video literate to some degree. I just need to know the best way to get the transfer accomplished without need of the computer

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,517
    You say your DVD recorder has a DV-in port and therefore this is the best way to get the footage onto a DVD disc. The DV port is digital so there is no loss of quality by converting to analogue to transfer via composite or S-Video and then back to digital again in the recorder. The DV/firewire connection carries both video & audio so should also be easy to use.
    The camcorder will have a 4 pin DV/firewire port but you will need to check what is on the recorder and buy the correct cable, but this should cost under £10.

Mark.