1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with choice of speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by IanB, Nov 1, 2001.

1. IanB

IanB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope you can help me, I have an SA-AX730 Technics Amp and a pair of Technics Sb-LV500 front speakers. I'm now looking to buy a DVD player (which I think we be a sort of straight forward choice :eek: ) but I'm needing a bit of advice on the my choice of speakers. Looking around (esp RicherSounds website) I reckon I can buy a good set up and be quite happy, however the last thing I want to do is fill my room with monster speakers.

I like Technics equipment and when I called my local supplier he informed me that Technics now produce a 5 speaker package called the DX50 series, these apparently replace the SB-HT140 package. I can't find any info on these speakers, ideally I want to know their power handling and physical size. I know Bose make tiny speakers, however I think they are out of my price range. I reckon I will have a budget of about £400-500 to spend on a DVD player and speakers. Any body got any advice - all comments would be appreciated.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Id steer clear of any 'mini speaker systems'....they look cool but arent really up to the job.
    For the money you're looking to spend, you could consider Tannoys all round and still have enough for a reasonable dvd player.