• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help needed with buying or building a pc?

Sh0rty

Banned
started a thread in the classifieds but since im asking for advice aswell thought best make a thread here

http://www.avforums.com/forums/desk...ts/1661318-wanted-desktop-mini-pc-advice.html

i like the look of this one but sadly this has been sold

http://www.avforums.com/forums/desk...1641708-sale-intel-i7-960-pc-extras-look.html

never built a pc before but changed parts etc so willing to build myself how much would i be looking to build something similar to the one in the thread above?

any help appreciated :lease:

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
how much would i be looking to build something similar to the one in the thread above?

Similar in performance or with the current versions of it's components (i.e. more performance)? I would think somewhere between £800 and £1000 for equivalent performance and probably closer to £1500 for the current version of the same system.

LJx

Prominent Member
You can do better than that sytem you missed out of so I would be happy and if you replaced parts before you will have no problems putting to together a PC. A current i5 system is better than that i7 so that is somewhere to start looking

Sh0rty

Banned
You can do better than that sytem you missed out of so I would be happy and if you replaced parts before you will have no problems putting to together a PC. A current i5 system is better than that i7 so that is somewhere to start looking

problem is my knowledge is zilch asnd only every messed with low end family computers so any damage or wrong move wasnt really a issue if im spending a bit of money i dont want to mess it up or buy the wrong components:facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom