Help needed with buying or building a pc?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Sh0rty, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Sh0rty

Sh0rty
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    started a thread in the classifieds but since im asking for advice aswell thought best make a thread here

http://www.avforums.com/forums/desk...ts/1661318-wanted-desktop-mini-pc-advice.html

i like the look of this one but sadly this has been sold

http://www.avforums.com/forums/desk...1641708-sale-intel-i7-960-pc-extras-look.html

never built a pc before but changed parts etc so willing to build myself how much would i be looking to build something similar to the one in the thread above?

any help appreciated :lease:

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,519
    Similar in performance or with the current versions of it's components (i.e. more performance)? I would think somewhere between £800 and £1000 for equivalent performance and probably closer to £1500 for the current version of the same system.

3. LJx

LJx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    You can do better than that sytem you missed out of so I would be happy and if you replaced parts before you will have no problems putting to together a PC. A current i5 system is better than that i7 so that is somewhere to start looking

4. Sh0rty

Sh0rty
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    problem is my knowledge is zilch asnd only every messed with low end family computers so any damage or wrong move wasnt really a issue if im spending a bit of money i dont want to mess it up or buy the wrong components:facepalm: