1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with adding phono connectors to VanDamme video coax

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by rob@rar.org.uk, Jun 19, 2004.

1. rob@rar.org.uk

rob@rar.org.uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for help attaching phono connectors to some VanDamme mini video coax.

The cable is buried in the wall and I can't replace it. Unfortunately my DIY skills are hopeless - I've tried soldering some basic phono connectors from Maplins but I really botched it. I tried to use some 75Ohm Canare phono connectors, but they are designed for thicker cables so wouldn't crimp on properly. I really am at my wits end!

Can anyone recommend idiot-proof phono connectors that are suitable for connecting onto quite thin coax cables? Decent quality ones which are recommended for video would be particularly welcome. Alternatively I'd even pay for somebody to come and fit 3 phono connectors if you are experienced at making cables up and could do a good job! Any help would be much appreciated.

:lease:

Regards

Rob

2. rob_w

rob_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where abouts in london are you?

Rob

3. doink

doink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aye, I don't mind giving you a hand if you're close to me (East London)

(If you are having trouble due to the cable being too small for the crimp, you can always add some cable sleeving to give the crimp some purchase)

4. rob@rar.org.uk

rob@rar.org.uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brilliant tip, I've now managed to fit the plugs successfully! Thanks to you and to Rob for offers of help.

Regards

Rob