Help needed with a simple Excel formula

Dufresne

Banned
Hi

Could you help me with a simple excel formula please (I can't remember how to do it :blush: )

I have a worksheet called SOURCE containing data

There is a second worksheet called PRINTOUT that extracts the data, ready for printing the report, so the source data is never touched. This is updated automatically with =Source!A1 etc

If there are blank cells in the source worksheet, the printout worksheet returns a '0' (which I don't want)

I can't remember how to make the printout cell blank UNLESS there is something entered in the source cell

I've done something similar, but it only works with numbers I think because of the SUM function being used;

=IF(SUM(D136:D166)=0,"",SUM(D136:D166))

So it says if the sum of a range of cells equals zero, return blank. Or return the sum if it's not zero.

So I need a formula that says If the contents of a cell are empty, return blank. Or return the contents if it's not empty.

Sorry if I'm being thick, but I appreciate any advice :)

Dufresne

Banned
I've worked it out myself :smashin:

I used

=IF(ISBLANK(Source!A1),"",Source!A1)

Happy to archive the thread (I'm not sure how to do that as it doesn't appear in thread tools?)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom