Help needed with 1906 Fault.

NorthernComfort

Standard Member
I have a denon 1906 which knocks itself into stand-by after a few minutes with the red light at the front flashing on and off. It starts up ok and has been working fine for several months but this problem has just surfaced. Anyone encountered it before? I can't find my manual for troubleshooting. :(

scooby l

Novice Member
check your speaker connections 1st... + & - might be touching after moving a speaker or something

Unplug all the channels and re-connect them one at a time, testing the amp at every step...

NorthernComfort

Standard Member
scooby l said:
check your speaker connections 1st... + & - might be touching after moving a speaker or something

Unplug all the channels and re-connect them one at a time, testing the amp at every step...
Thanks for that, i'll give it a try tonight. Nice set-up by the way:thumbsup:

M

mpmickhall1

I had the same problem. Followed all the troubleshooting suggestions to no effect. Had it returned to Denon who said it was faulty and replaced it immediately with a new one.

NorthernComfort

Standard Member
scooby l said:

You were spot on. Two of the cables were touching. No problems now.Thanks :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom