1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed which 26" screen is better samsung LE26R51BD or Jvc LT26BS6BJ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by endlesswisdom, Oct 19, 2005.

1. endlesswisdom

endlesswisdom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    fight for your favourite!
    hi i have read most of the threads on this site about the pros and cons of owning these screens but i have not seen a direct comparison between these two screens samsung LE26R51BD and Jvc LT26DS6BJ. i no they are both good but i need to no which is the best. Both can be aquired for £799.
    At this price which is the best buy?
    I will be using the screen for:
    Watching sky,Dvds and for using as a monitor although not essential!
    PS2 usage soon changing to xbox360 important!
    I appreciate any help at all!thanx :thumbsup:

2. UKBOY

UKBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Why would you want to pay £799 for the 26R51BD when you could buy the "same" t.v. ie the 26R41BD for £611 ?.

The only differences are the fact that the 51 is exclusive to Currys,Dixons and PC World group and has the black surround coming down more into the v shaped front section and slightly weedier speakers.

I say go for the Sammy, value for money wise you would be a fool to look elsewhere (thats not meant to upset anyone, just an opinion from a happy camper).

Cheers.

UKBoy.

3. endlesswisdom

endlesswisdom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx for the reply iv heard about the 41 model but with the 51 there is no risk of the screen tearing and a few bugs in the software have been fixed or thats what iv heard on other threads.

what screen do you own ukboy?
    also in reviews of the jvc model the only down point is the price but now it is down and competetive wouldn't it be better to get the higher rated screen?

4. WhiteHartMart

WhiteHartMart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +846
    I went for the Samsung (41 model) - am really pleased with it - superb as a PC monitor as well. I did read on here that the JVC wasn't as good when being used as a PC monitor - can't remember the reason though!

5. UKBOY

UKBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    I own the Samsung 26R41BD and am really impressed by the quality of the displayed image and value for money.

I suppose thats part of the reason why the Samsung (as well as the Panasonic TX32LXD500) are more difficult than they should be to track down, but even that wouldn't put me off purchasing the right product and not allowing myself to have the pee taken by the high street stores that offer next to no technical knowledge or backup, display their products in an extremely poor light and expect you to pay the earth for them .........

Of course there are a few real dealers out there but the high street chains .... well, I think we all have an opinion on those.

UKBoy.

6. endlesswisdom

endlesswisdom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats too right uk boy i was in a high street chain today and they had no idea what i wanted or how to help me they were totally shocked at the level of detail i wanted. that was just asking them how the dvi on the back of the sammy coped compared to the jvc's hdmi connection.

Thats why i decided to get the opinion of people that no what their talking about on here. how do games fare on the sammy ?

7. UKBOY

UKBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    So far so good with regards to games.

I was amazed how much better Moto GP3 on the XBOX looked.

I have "switched" my XBOX viewing from a Panasonic TX32W something or other (3 years old) and now I am viewing on a softmodded XBOX via component.

I hope never to have to go back. :clap:

UKBoy.

8. Fe_man2000

Fe_man2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Got my LE62R41B (non digi box one) for £589 - not using it as a TV so there digibox was a waste for me. Definetly get the 41 over the 51 if the 51 is almost £200 more !!! The tearing issue is already fixed and I got mine a month ago and it doesnt have this issue anyway on my Modded Xbox via component (which I believe was the only input that displayed the issue on some sets) I havent seen the JVC so I cant compare but if you do go for the Samsung dont pay that price for the "luxury" of getting it from Currys.

Cheers

9. UKBOY

UKBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    I also dont have a current use for the Freeview but since it was so little difference price wise and it was in stock when I wanted one, I thought it made sense to have the option for the future, at least it means if I cancel Sky at any time I have a backup available for the (currently) terrestrial channels.

UKBoy.

10. endlesswisdom

endlesswisdom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow i was not expecting this result at all i thort there would at least be an equal split between the jvc and the sammy making my decison even harder but since all of you love the 41 so much i think i mite get it instead.
    atleast with the money i save i can get top notch connectors and a good dvd player.
    if i feed the tv signal through the dvd is it true that the signal to the screen is boosted?
    Has neone got any good sugestions for cable connections specifically for the sammy 41.

i still love the jvc for some reason though if u read the reviews on it people sound extremely happy and im always happy to pay a little more if in the lcd is better.

i heard on annother thread that the best overall lcd is the panny tx32lxd500? has any one seen a 26 version and how does it fare? :hiya:

11. Borgy

Borgy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also have a look at a JVC 26D50, No HDMI on this set but will be perfect for your needs has the following connections:
    1 x S-Video Connection/s
    1 x Component Video Connection/s
    1 x Audio Analog Phono Connection/s
    1 x Headphone Socket
    2 x Standard Scart Connection/s
    1 x PC D-Sub Connection/s

seen it DVD via component and also Freeview, has same resolution as the Samsung and frankly blows it away in terms of PQ, and if you don't believe me go and view both models and decide. The reason Samsungs do so well is because they actually know how to market a product. Just because more people own the Sammy's over JVC DS6 doesn't mean the Sammy performs better go check them both out then decide, personally I can't understand what all the fuss is about but that's just my opinion...

12. Just Some Ugly

Just Some Ugly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4