1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed - What the best option - digital replacement

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by chubbs, Mar 14, 2005.

1. chubbs

chubbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a 300 disc cd changer which I use with my hi-fi and home cinema setup.

it started to make some strange noises this weekend, So I have decided that I need to buy something new to replace this.

Can anyone give me some advice on what would be the best digital option for replacement (or is this not suitable). I would like to transfer all of the music that I currently have, and also have space to upload about another 300+ albums.

I was looking for something that I can keep in my hi-fi rack and either upload from my laptop or maybe put the cd directly into it so it can read and store it.

To be honest, when It comes to this new technology I don't really follow it enough to keep with what is the best at this time.

any advice would be appreicated, if there is any other options that people can tell me then this would also come in very handy.

:thumbsup:

2. The Prophet

The Prophet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. chubbs

chubbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    prophet,

thanks for the link, It look's like what I need, do you know if there is any others that are hi-fi shaped, the problem that I will have with that is fitting it into the system that I currently have. I am limited on space in the rack and I could do with something that is the same shape as the old cd player.

thanks

Chubbs.

4. The Prophet

The Prophet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. chubbs

chubbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nice one, that's a lot more like it. Do you know of anyone that has bought the hifidelio unit? I have tried to look for reviews of it on the net, but there isn't a lot of information on it.

If you know of any other one's that are similar to this, any help is appreciated.

The cyrus one is nice, but a bit out of my price league.

thanks

chubbs