Help needed using soundbar with PC

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by audioguy1001, Jan 18, 2019.

1. audioguy1001

audioguy1001
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all- great forum!

I just bought a nice sounding Samsung HW-N400 soundbar (small, ~25" single bar) which is being used in an area on one side of a small room. It sits under a PC monitor and powered by my one (1) PC's SPDIF connection. It sounds much better than connecting it via the line-out (louder and fuller). On the other side of the room is where my (one) PC is, I have two powered Bose PC speakers that have used the Line-Out and sounded good.

The problem is that when I now use the SPDIF out on the sound-card, the audio (line-out) to my Bose is deactivated and I am only getting some sound from across the room (no longer a nice left and right (stereo) sound in from of where I sit. If I use the line-out to power both using a splitter, I get bad latency to the point it's not usable. I was hoping to use the new soundbar AND retain the use of two my Bose speakers- again, all powered via my one PC.

MY QUESTION: How can I get sound to both my Bose Speakers (two- only accepts line-in) and the soundbar using the PC? I was thinking about using a SPDIF TOSLINK Digital Optical Audio Splitter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ2R314/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2IX3RNQE846HA&psc=1 and maybe buying another HW-N400 and locate it in from of where I will be sitting and getting rid of the Bose but if I can avoid this and use the 2 Bose speakers I already have, that would be ideal.

Also, if I bought a 5.1 Vizio Soundbar (to get more Base and surround), and connected via SPDIF, and used in concert with the Samsung SB, would there be any latency issues- if so, is there a way to correct/adjust it?

Thanks!

2. audioguy1001

audioguy1001
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As an update, I could not find a viable solution that would allow me to continue to use my PC speakers and the Samsung soundbar at the same time- even by splitting the line-out (they both have line-in) due to bad latency issues. I ended up simply buying an SPDIF splitter (1 in- 3 out) and an identical Samsung sound bar (to ensure there would be no latency between difference soundbars). I figured it was the signal processing of the Samsung that slightly delayed the audio vs. my pc speakers. I could not find any way to adjust for that. If using a Samsung TV (I have a monitor), you can adjust for video/sound sync. but that was not applicable in my scenario.