Question Help needed - Tosh EP30 HD DVD Pleyer locked in upgrade mode

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As per the title - I have acquired a Toshiba EP30 HD DVD player (spares or repair it was described as not working) mainly because I needed a remote. On receiving it I was surprised to fing that it seemed to be fully working. After playing few discs I switched it to standby with the remote instead of the usual "goodbye etc" it displayed "10004050" on the front panel - remembering this from making my other 2 EP30s region free, I left it powered up to mains for over 10 mins and then pulled the plug. On reapplying power the player had reverted to its prior state - i.e. switch on and apparently fully functional however on putting in standby "10004050" reappeared and box was locked and not responding to remote or panel switch. I pulled plug waited a while plugged in and performance repeated.

Going into setup menus I see against update 1.3/1.1 - does this mean updating from ver1.1 to 1.3?

I have tried updating with several CDs but all after a short while show "10004050" without going through step 1/4, 2/4 etc. The discs I have tried are 1.3 original, 1.3 rollback, 4.0 original and dirty 1 & 2 region free discs. All are new downlods and CD burns but are probably US firmware versions - would this cause a problem?

Does anyone have any ideas OR copies of the European firmware versions?

Would like to find a solution but not overly worried as I have a functional player that just cannot be put in standby and switched on/off with remote or front panel switch

The last post on the thread. Sounds like there’s a setting/link on the disc to update over ethernet?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom