Help needed to use HDMI with Toshiba SD-360ES

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Feck, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Feck

Feck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I connected the dvd to my daughter's Panasonic TX-26LXD52 TV using the HDMI cable but also had to connect with a scart to get the dvd setup on screen. In setup I set the video output to HDMI and the HD Resolution to 1080i. As soon as I set the latter the picture disappeared but reappeared once I disconnected the scart lead (leaving the HDMI cable as the only connection).

To check everything was now working through HDMI I switched the dvd off then back on again. I now have the strange situation where

1) when I turn the dvd on the tv doesn't switch to the dvd screen
    2) if I then link TV and dvd with scart cable (as well as HDMI cable) a black screen appears with 'EC2' in top left corner and the dvd sound only can be heard
    3) if I then disconnect the scart cable the 'EC2' changes to 'HDMI' and the DVD screen then appears.

I've messed about with it for hours and the nearest I've got to a solution is to have the TV and DVD linked by the HDMI cable (with NO scart connection) and to manually switch the TV channel to the HDMI channel using the AV button on the TV remote control. Everything seems to work OK then apart from the fact that the 'HDMI' logo doesn't disappear and I can't say I notice any difference in the picture (there is a green light showing next to 1080i on the front panel of the dvd).

I take it this isn't the way it's supposed to be done. Can anyone think of something I'm missing.

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    HDMI does not auto switch like SCART, you have to tell the TV to go to the HDMI input.
    HDMI set to 1080i should give better results than using SCART, well it does with my Samsung DVD to Tosh LCD and my sons Pioneer DVD to his Sharp LCD.

3. Feck

Feck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Andy. I'm not a total numpty then :). Am I stuck with the HDMI logo or is there a way of getting shot of that?

4. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    As far as the logo is concerned on my set it is a function button (on/off) to assist with telling you what input you are connected to.