Help needed to raise Bookshelf Speakers…

Aziz Ismail

Novice Member
Hi,
Was wondering if anyone could help with this. My bookshelf rear speakers need to be angled further in but unfortunately my sofas’s are slightly too high.

I have looked at isolation pads but even then at 40/50mm I don’t think they will lift the speakers high enough.
I don’t want to hang the speakers on the wall hence the stands.

Is there anything else i can do to slightly lift the speakers to clear the sofa. It’s currently using spikes on the stands as i need to ensure the speakers don’t wobble as i have kids.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 5551CE84-1299-4507-A1DA-0CD8A81EBF64.jpeg
    5551CE84-1299-4507-A1DA-0CD8A81EBF64.jpeg
    372.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DE00DF1A-E6D4-4CDB-A54D-E5F18CCAD828.jpeg
    DE00DF1A-E6D4-4CDB-A54D-E5F18CCAD828.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 32

Dolus

It might be easier to put something under the stands and lift the whole lot. (piece of scrap wood/MDF you might have lying around even a thick book to see if it works.)

Aziz Ismail

Novice Member
It might be easier to put something under the stands and lift the whole lot. (piece of scrap wood/MDF you might have lying around even a thick book to see if it works.)
Ive just tried placing some books, (7 to be precise) but need something more secure long term. Other than buying adjustable stands, not sure how else to raise the speakers.

DavidT

Try your local wood merchant, I bought a block of wood 25cmx25cmx45cm for not very much (about £25 IIRC) and stained it the colour I wanted. I use is as a small coffee table.

Aziz Ismail

Novice Member
I've found some M2 stand extending bolts that will go into my existing spikes. Will see if that works. Cheers

Mr Andy

I would use the opportunity to make them more stable. Glue layers up MDF until you have the extra height you want. Mark where the hole for the spikes would go on these using the stand. Drill a hole deep enough for threaded inserts. Bolt the stands to the blocks. You could add threaded inserts to the bottom of the blocks to have spikes to the floor.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom