1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed to decide which 32" LCD to buy

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by CarnalSins, Nov 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. CarnalSins

CarnalSins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm new in this forum, although I've been reading your threads for a couple of weeks now. I'm trying to decide which 30" or 32" to buy. I'm looking for a TV that will be used mainly for DVDs and secondly for TV watching. Since I'm a bit confused I could use some help on a few subjects:
    1. What should I look for: HDMI, DVI, or both?
    2. Anyone knows the responce time of the Sharp Aquos 32" models? Which one is the best?
    3. Should I look for 1366x768 or is the 1280x768 good enough?
    4. Is the 30" or the 32" better for a 2.5-3 m distance?
    5. Which LCD (30" or 32") is best for DVD viewing? A friend of mine gave me a few guidlines and proposed to me the following sets:
    a. Sharp LC-32GD1E
    b. Sony KLV-L32M1S
    c. LG RZ-30LZ13 (it's on offer for 2000 euros)

Thanks in advance for your help

2. alfie786

alfie786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You also need to state the amount you want to spend max and min.

3. CarnalSins

CarnalSins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, I was looking for something between 2500 and 3500 euros.
    Last night a friend of mine told me about the Philips 32PF9986 and I had a chance to watch a DVD on it. It was amazing !!!! But the price right now is 4600 euros!!!

4. Chopsy

Chopsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need some similar advice too.

I've whittled it down to the Sharp LC-32GA3E and the Sony KLV-L32M1. My heart is rooting for the Sharp, but I'm concerned that without the sort of clever WEGA technology that Sony has, it will return a poor picture when I plug in our Telewest cable digital box. Since the screen will be used for telly as much as DVD movies, if the picture is going to be awful when watching cable digital, then I'll have to go for the Sony. Incidentally, is the Telewest feed generally better than Freeview through an aerial?

All advice and guidance would be great.

Cheers,

Damian

5. jgrg

jgrg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Both. I'd like both - HDMI for DVD, and DVI for PC. But, as far as I know there are no LCDs in the UK with both. (The US Sharp models have both.)

16ms. I think the LC32GD1E is over priced - the picuture quality from the built in tuner is bad - really blocky and pixelated. LC32GA3E/4E are currently top of my list, but I'm worried that they will have the same blocky pixelated image via RGB scart.

James