Help Needed to connect Sky+ and DVD player to Plasma

T

Tony Turbo

Hiya guys, I am desperate for some info here, I just don't know what to do :confused: I'm not too clued up on these systems yet.

I have a Hitachi 5200, Sky+ and a Sony DVSR3 Amp and DVD combo, Xbox and PS2. The Sky+ box and Sony only have a Scart out and S-Video for picture. I want all the sound from everything to go through the amp, and I want the best picture possible for all my other stuff. How am I best off doing this?

Can I use a Scart out and Component in to the Plasma, or is this a waste of time? I plan to use Optical from the Sky+, Xbox and PS2 into the Amp, I guess I will just have to keep changing plugs around. For the Xbox I have the MS High definition pack and an optical lead and I am going RGB straight into the Plasma. Picture is "ok" but could be better. I have also ordered a similar pack for the PS2, so will see how that goes.

I just want the best possible picture on Sky and a DVD. At the moment I am using Scart from the Sky to the Amp to the TV. I have one pukka Monstor Gold Scart cable, and the shonky Sky one, so I know I am not getting the best possible picture, but I am reluctant to buy anything else until I know what will be best.

PLEASE HELP before I pull the rest of my hair out :lease: :lease:

Well, being a lazy son of a ..... I wanted to minimise on the number of remotes I needed, and the number of times I needed to leave the couch, so I opted for a Yamaha 640RDS Amp. All the devices are connected via s-video to the amp, and the s-video output goes to my Hitachi 5300.

I'm aware that I can get marginally better pictures by going in with component, and I do have a component feed direct from my Panny E95 DVD recorder/player into a different Aux input to the Hitachi, but most of the time I'm happy with s-video.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom