Help needed speaker setup

hickbo

Hi guys bit of a sound novice here.

We are in the middle of building a extension so thought it would be a
Good time to upgrade the sound system.

I had previously in the conservatory, a denon s301 system that sounded ace
But this won't integrate well into the new extension

I can't decide what to put in as the other half wants ceiling speakers fitted so
I popped of the richer sounds and spoke to an advisor and he recommended
This.

Sonos connect amp and four Monitor audio CT165 ceiling speakers to get
Me started then to add a sub later into the system. This is the issue as I don't have a lot of space to hide the sub as I did not want it on show. I wouldn't mind the sonos sub being on show as
It looks pretty cool but is quite expensive.

I then popped over to the Bose shop just to have a listen and was quite taken by the Bose
Sound touch 30. That got me thinking about just having media streamers I like the look
Of the naim mu-so qb as the reviews sound ace.

Im at a bit of a loss of what to do and just hoping for some advice if anybody has had the
Same sort of issue.

Many thanks.

PiperCub

Banned
The naim muso (not qb qube version) was playing in the dealer I picked my pmc's up before Xmas and I must say it sounded quite good for what it is. Good levels of bass response and decent detail. You can colour coordinate the front panel too.

A nice design and would suit being placed on top of a unit to suit your other half. Also good designer hi fi. Maybe out of budget at around a grand though?

hickbo

The naim muso (not qb qube version) was playing in the dealer I picked my pmc's up before Xmas and I must say it sounded quite good for what it is. Good levels of bass response and decent detail. You can colour coordinate the front panel too.

A nice design and would suit being placed on top of a unit to suit your other half. Also good designer hi fi. Maybe out of budget at around a grand though?

The quote from richer sounds was close to that money to be honest. There might be more upgradeability with the sonics system just worried about the sound from the in ceiling speakers as I won't know till I fit them.

xmb

Why not consider the SONOS Playbar? At least the speakers are at the correct ear level and you are ready to add a wall mounted TV if required in the extension.

Ceiling speakers are just for general background sound (like in shops) but not for serious listening, so just seem like an expensive waste. Better to look at something like a Marantz M-CR611 with some good speakers, as this is less than the cost of your other options.

hickbo

Thanks xmb I had a look at the Marantz and it looked a good option but I have nowhere to put the speakers that's my problem.

That's why I was thinking ceiling speakers would be a good fit.

muljao

I agree with xmb. My brother uses a sonos connect amp with ceiling speakers in his house, built etc. He prefers using his jbl flip 3 because there isn't much go with them due being in ceiling

hickbo

Thanks muljao think that's made my mind up as I won't be able to tell what there like until they are fitted.

PiperCub

Banned
I definetely think the naim muso is a better bet than the sonos playbar (I've had a play3 which is basically same tech to the playbar, and I've heard play bars playing) . Considering only £300 difference and with a dealer discount, probably around 200-250. The naim looks much more premium to the sonos.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom