Help needed sourcing parts for Optoma RD65 RPTV

Whitley Bob

Hi, I'm hoping someone out there might have the answer to getting my tv going again for a little longer. Bought around September 2005 it's not a young one but I'd be really stretched to replace it at the moment. The problems are finding any service documents and finding any parts. A friend of mine who had been a tv engineer and still works in a technical capacity has tracked the fault down to the power supply board but these seem to be like hens teeth. Without the manual, testing is just guesswork. I've done a lot of searching on the 'net and thought I'd found a power supply board in Canada. I ordered it and paid for it, waited a couple of weeks only to get an email to say they no longer supplied them. Frustrating. If anyone has some information on sourcing parts, information, old sets I could cannibalise (I believe the RD50 used the same internals) I'd be very grateful. This beast is like part of the family.

Cheers guys.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom