1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed Sony Ericsson w800i (k750i)

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by lockers, Aug 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. lockers

lockers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi - I'm hoping those of you with the w800i (or even the k750i) can help me with a quick question...

I got my w800i this morning and it looks great, but I have a question about the buttons. On mine, all the normal buttons like the numbers, when you press them, you can feel them move in when you press them and you can feel/hear that click when its been pressed.

However, the left soft key, the left one directly below the screen doesn't give that same feedback, I was wondering if this is normal or a faulty? It is my first Sony Ericsson so I wondered if it was something they do intentionally.

I also get the same with the volume control on the side. The reduce volume moves/clicks but the increase doesn't.

So I'm hoping you can tell me whther I've got a duff one or not. :lease:

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

2. Smooothie

Smooothie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I also received a W800i this morning. All the buttons on mine have the same feedback and click, including the ones you asked about.

3. lockers

lockers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for the reply NMB, it is much appreciated (even though is does confirm my fears of a faulty unit!)

Guess I'd better see if I can get a replacement...

4. jamtoast

jamtoast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    This is totally off topic but I was wondering where did you get your Sony Ericsson W800i and how much did it cost you for it?

Thanks

5. lockers

lockers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I got mine from O2 online, I was getting it as an upgrade, they wanted to charge me £99.99 for the upgrade, but as its was listed on their site at £79.99 if I signed to a new contract, I said, that's not good enough.

So I rang them again and said I wanted to cancel my connection with O2, at which point, suddenly they said they could do it for £49.99. I did some other haggling as well, but the main part was getting it half price.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they have any stock now, when I rang to get my replacement unit, they said they've run out and won't get any for another 2 weeks maybe. However I was sent a new DHL tracking code, so my replacement might arrive this week...fingers crossed!

EDIT - jamtoast, I just saw your other post about this phone and asking about Canada. Mine is from a UK service provider, but I read on a site earlier this week that this phone is coming out in America later this month, so maybe that might help.

6. jamtoast

jamtoast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey...

Thanks for responing to my question ^^

So was that per month that you have to pay for that upgrade? Well I hope that you get your upgrade this week... Do you think you know when the W800i be hitting to America? Would be cheaper if I get the W800i in UK since it been out for while or wait for a while until it come to America?

Thanks again...

7. lockers

lockers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The £49.99 was a one-off payment, but I am also tied into a 12 month contract paying £20 a month (which includes minutes etc). And fortunately my new one has arrived now. The buttons seem to be a lot better on this one. I'm not sure if they're perfect, but then I might just be being paranoid!

According the Sony Ericsson website here its due in America on 26th August, coming in at $499. I'm not sure how much (or where) is selling this phone SIM-free in the UK. So I don't know whether it will be cheaper or not here or in America...sorry.

I guess one alternative would be to try eBay and find someone that ships to Canada. I hope all this helps.