Help needed - Small speaker setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MegnCalvin, Jun 24, 2002.

1. MegnCalvin

MegnCalvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I've just moved into a new house and would like get my DVD player (Accoustic Solutions 551) hooked up as soon as possible. I'm no expert, but I would like to get a nice sounding DTS system. The problem is the speakers must be as small as possible (in size not power), and my budget will be £350 max. I know many of you don't really like the all in one packages, but I've had a look and a listen to a Sony HTK215 setup and it seems to fit the bill. The speakers are small, its DTS, DD etc etc and looks like I can buy it online for £300 ish. I know for the money I could probably get a separate amp, speakers and cable, but all the speakers are simply too big & space is a real problem.

Can anyone suggest any other setups I should look at before plumping for the sony? Oh yeah another plus point with the sony, I get 12.5% discount at our local sony centre.

Thanks

2. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You should have a look at the Videologic Digitheatre DTS. Occording to Owners and most reviews for the money it is unbeatable on sound quality. Comes in at around your budget price wise. I was looking into one of these myself once upon at time.

A good bet if you like the styling.

3. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So that will make them only 25% dearer than everyone else. :) :D

4. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    i am sellin some boston micro 90x and centre speakers which have served me very well. the l7r are about as big as a coke can and soun really good. don't take my word for it, but i would say a full micro 90 system that can be had for around your budget will out-perform anything up to £1k!:eek:

5. MegnCalvin

MegnCalvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks for the help people - A couple of great suggestions!