Help needed setting up wired connection to ps3

burnsy234

Standard Member
Hi i need some help on how to connect my ps3 to the internet for online gaming. My broadband internet provider is virgin media, formerly telewest. I am about to purchase a wired router, The BELKIN - 10/100 4-PORT CABLE/DSL GATEWAY ROUTER and was wondering if anyone could help me to confirm that this will enable me to get online with my ps3 ie is it compatible, also what type of cable do i need to run from the router to the ps3. If there is anything else i will need to get online could someone please let me know, Any help will be much appreciated.

cracker

all you will need is the network cable that comes with the PS3 (if it is long enough to reach your router)

jamie110

Afternoon, i am by no means an expert with internet connections, but i have virgin media (20meg) and it is very quick!

My connection comes out of there modem into a Linksys Wireless router (it also has 4 port switching on it) i run one cable to the PS3, and one to my PC, my PSP is connected wireless direct to the router, or to the PS3 (you choose the connection when you go online)

They are straight forward CAT 5 cables (one is included with your PS3) not crossover cables.

hope this helps a bit!

Once plugged in the PS3 should just "see" the connection!

J

MattZani

Banned
: O ! ! ! ! ! !

20 Megs! im stuck on 1 Meg!

can you use the PS3 as a wifi point for PSP? cool! is it any faster?

jamie110

yep!

Just plug your PSP in to the mini USB jack (the one you use for controller re-charge) and then find the device, it automatically registers it and you can then connect wirelessly!

yeah 20 meg is overkill.... but when you get a free upgrade (26 a month including phone) you cant really argue!

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom