Help needed setting up sony str-dh500

ninofranco

Standard Member
Hi there.
Need help setting this up. I know how to connect the speakers thats straight forward but one thing i won't it know about them is the speaker cable, is it safe for me to route it from the reciever through the wall where the sky cables come in along the outside of the house and back in again. do this will be alot easier was i have a fire place on that wall and also laminate floorin so cable can't go under carpet.
Right back on to the set up. I have lg 42lh4010, sky+ box and xbox 360 also have phillips dvd recorder but don't really use as i normaly watch dvds on my xbox. What is the best way to set also this up and what cables i need to use.
Hope someone can help me out.

Nino

Last edited:

davepuma

Distinguished Member
If running the speaker cable outside, I would use cable built for this ie exterior speaker cable and consider routing it inside some form of conduit to give it additional protection from the elements. Alternatively use something like Ixos 233 flat cable or d-line conduit to hide the speaker cable around the room.

Without model numbers or links to online manuals, we can't say for sure but I would imagine it would connect as follows:

Xbox 360 to amp via optical (see sticky post in Xbox 360 forum re. hdmi and optical if yours is an HDMI model)
Philips DVD Recorder via digi-coax (orange RCA) cable. Set it to bitstream in the settings menu
Sky+ to amp via optical and set to "DOLBY D" under Optical Output in the sound settings menu.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom