Help needed setting up Sky on second TV

JEB770

Standard Member
I have a main Sony TV with a Sky HD+ box and a second tv in a bedroom with a connection to Sky (not mult room). Sky is connected to the second tv via a coax cable which enters the tv aerial socket of the tv via an additional small box which has a "magic eye" attacted to it
I have just changed the old second tv for a new one (Sony KDL-32EX4B). The new tv works perfectly but I can't get the Sky channels to appear. I have called Sky and they confirm that everything is okay with RF outputs. There is a light on the little box with the magic eye and it is on.
Maybe it's just a setting on my new TV, but I can't work it out Can anyone please help me?
Thanks, John

Stevenage Neil

Are you using the TV's analogue, (not Freeview), tuner?

Stevenage Neil

Having had a quick look at the spec for your TV, it doesn't seem to have an analogue tuner. Hence no Sky via RF. You could try a video sender instead of RF.

logiciel

JEB770

Standard Member
Thanks everyone, especially Stevenage Neill. Tuned to channel 6 on analogue and Sky channels now appear.

Thanks again, John

logiciel

OK John - SN was the one who found you might not be able do it, but he won't mind sharing your thanks.;)

Last edited:

logiciel

My post now amended - now can I have a bigger share? :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom