1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed setting up NAD T752?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Vipen, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Vipen

Vipen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi all, i'm proud owner of my first proper AV amp. Thought it was going to be easy but no, fell at the first hurdle.

Can anyone tell me how to get the on screen display (OSD) to work?

i might have bought the wrong cable but the guy in currys (open last night) told me this was it. just a straight digital AV cable. like a smart single phono.

i put from video out to video in on my toshiba tv (at the front though??!!) and couldn't get the OSD to work. tried some connects round the back also to no avail. maybe i'm pressing the wrong buttons on the remote, left and centre, right and centre, aaargh, can someone help please.

by the way, the NAD sounds awesome in stereo mode. i just need a decent sub as the one i'm using is a bit flabby.

TIA

2. gunrock

gunrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

You need to plug a phono or s-video cable into the monitor out connects at the back of the unit. If the front of the unit is facing you (i.e you're like me and trying to hook all the cables up whilst the unit is in place, in a wall mounted AV cupboard), the monitor out connects are the first set of connects at the very top right of the unit after the aerial connectors. It's easy to feel the difference between these with your fingers.

Hook the other end of the phono to your TV (at the front or back of your TV doesn't matter) .

To activate the setup util, you press the AMP key on the HTR-2 remote (to make sure you're in AMP control mode) and then the any of the cursor keys followed by the enter (middle of cursor) key.

Then you should be off. Also make sure your TV is switched to your video input you connected the AMP to.

Gunrock

3. Vipen

Vipen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    aah, right on gunrock. i didn't think about selecting the tv for the video in. that must be it! i just assumed the screen would just pop up, hah, will check that tonight.

the cable i am using is a single phono to phono which says Digital AV on it. the guy at t-audio suggested a phono at one end and a scart at another. i presume this is an alternative way?

thanks