Help needed setting up Denon X2200W

Jaymott

Novice Member
Good Morning All,
I am new to the group and ownership of a preowned Denon x2200w. I really need some help please, I am really struggling to set the amp up correctly. I have managed to set up the speakers and they are working (5.1.2 mission cube SE+sub) this is set up to allow for Atmos with 2 x top middle ceiling speakers. I have a Samsung 65" JU7000 7 Series Flat UHD 4K Smart 3D LED TV, this has the mini one connect box.
  1. I have connected HDMI from the ARC monitor 1 on amp to the HDMI 4 (ARC) connection on the connect box.
  2. Sky Q box HDMI to HDMI on connect box.
  3. Connect box to connect input on TV.
Since upgrading from the Onkyo 608 the picture quality is not as clear and I cannot get one remote control to switch everything on.
I played a UHD film on Sky Q (Man of Steel) and it would only play at 4.3 I tried to alter this on the tv settings which was set at 16.9 however it would no let me select auto.
I can only get playback Dolby D Dolby S no Atmos or DTS.
Lastly roughly every 20min the amp puts itself on standby ( I dont know if the amp is faulty or if it is because it is not set up right).
Please help!!! My wife will kill me if she has to look at a Denon logo on the tv any longer.

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

As it's a second hand bit of kit the first thing you should do is to perform a factory re-set. This will get rid of the previous owner's set up and you can start from scratch. Once done you can follow the set up wizard which you will be prompted to use. Run Audyssey with the mic that should be provided.

Resetting factory settings​

Perform this procedure if the display is abnormal or if operations cannot be performed.
Various settings are reset to the factory default values. Make settings again.
Ope Resetting X2200

Turn off the power using
Power Button

Press
Power Button
while simultaneously pressing TUNER PRESET CH + and TUNER PRESET CH -.

Remove your fingers from the two buttons when “Initialized” appears on the display.

Before restoring the default setting, the “Save” function of the web control function can be used to store the various settings of the unit. link
However, account information for network content and information on registered favorites cannot be stored.
When deleting a Pandora account, carry out steps 1 to 3 after signing out in the Pandora service. link

INTEGRATED NETWORK AV RECEIV

As for the picture settings then they can be adjusted by going into the Set Up menu. You need to turn OFF all video conversion, especially I/p Scaler. The reason I suspect that you have the unit shutting off after 20 minutes is because you are using the wrong input and the unit is not detecting a signal and therefore automatically shutting down.

I do strongly suggest that you browse the online manual, especially the set up, amp assign and input assign. Denons are really easy to set up from scratch.

Upvote 0

Jaymott

Novice Member
Welcome to the Forum.

As it's a second hand bit of kit the first thing you should do is to perform a factory re-set. This will get rid of the previous owner's set up and you can start from scratch. Once done you can follow the set up wizard which you will be prompted to use. Run Audyssey with the mic that should be provided.

Resetting factory settings​

Perform this procedure if the display is abnormal or if operations cannot be performed.
Various settings are reset to the factory default values. Make settings again.
Ope Resetting X2200

Turn off the power using
Power Button

Press
Power Button
while simultaneously pressing TUNER PRESET CH + and TUNER PRESET CH -.

Remove your fingers from the two buttons when “Initialized” appears on the display.

Before restoring the default setting, the “Save” function of the web control function can be used to store the various settings of the unit. link
However, account information for network content and information on registered favorites cannot be stored.
When deleting a Pandora account, carry out steps 1 to 3 after signing out in the Pandora service. link

INTEGRATED NETWORK AV RECEIV

As for the picture settings then they can be adjusted by going into the Set Up menu. You need to turn OFF all video conversion, especially I/p Scaler. The reason I suspect that you have the unit shutting off after 20 minutes is because you are using the wrong input and the unit is not detecting a signal and therefore automatically shutting down.

I do strongly suggest that you browse the online manual, especially the set up, amp assign and input assign. Denons are really easy to set up from scratch.

Thank you Gibbsy and thank you for explaining so I can understand, I only know the basics so all advise is very much appreciated sounds like the best place to start.

Upvote 0

gibbsy

Any problems there are plenty of Denon owners on here that would help I've no doubt.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 901590

I'm not sure I fully understand your situation but I think you are only intending to use ARC for sound so there are no HDMI inputs into the AVR?

If there are HDMI inputs into the AVR, I believe that the x2200 is HDCP2.2, so should be able to use 4k in some cases. I say some, as it may not support passthrough, for example, of Dolby Vision or other certain formats of 4k.

And, I've tried this on an x3100 (which isn't even HDCP 2.2), it ends up in some cases showing a sort of display but with weirdness.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 901590

Also, whilst there is a potential long list of reasons why it may be switching off (that aren't due to it being faulty), please ensure the AVR is well ventilated.

Upvote 0

Jaymott

Novice Member
I'm not sure I fully understand your situation but I think you are only intending to use ARC for sound so there are no HDMI inputs into the AVR?

If there are HDMI inputs into the AVR, I believe that the x2200 is HDCP2.2, so should be able to use 4k in some cases. I say some, as it may not support passthrough, for example, of Dolby Vision or other certain formats of 4k.

And, I've tried this on an x3100 (which isn't even HDCP 2.2), it ends up in some cases showing a sort of display but with weirdness.
Hi, Using ARC for sound and picture using HDMI into the AVR and into the one connect box, the amp does support 4k passthrough which is enabled. I had my old Onkyo tx-sr608 connected the same way and never had any issues with picture quality or sound.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom