1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed setting up Denon 3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by spiritwolf, May 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. spiritwolf

spiritwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got a Denon 3805 and need help setting it up.I run DVD and HD sat reciever strait to my hdtv without going through the reciever.How do I connect reciever to tv so I can see the reciever set up screen so I can set it up.

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You can do it via the front panel, or take a composite video lead or S-Video lead to your TV(usualy under the front flap for camcorders etc) once then just remove it.

3. spiritwolf

spiritwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ran a s-video from denon to front panel to front panel input on tv and set tv for that input but still nothing showing on screen.I then tried running a component cable from denon to component in on tv and still nothing on screen

4. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    What about Composite video? Is the amp in pure direct mode? Was the TV set the right input?

Try holding Pure Direct & Direct on the front panel then turn the unit on (not from standby) this will re-set it then press the system setup button again.

5. hooch

hooch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to press "On screen" on your remote. Plus make sure that you do not have "Video off" mode on.

6. RohanM

RohanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    i think you need to use the s-video connection at the back of the amp which is marked 'monitor' or similar (see what the manual says), and you can then run that into the front panel of the TV.