Help needed setting up a Pioneer 440 HX

st00sh

Established Member
Reaction score
Merry Chrismas Everyone!

Yesterday i bought a Pioneer 440HX player and am having problems setting it up. Im aware of a previous post on the forums connecting it to a Sky Digibox,but i cant get any recordings from it, all im getting is a black screen. My set up is as follows:

RF out from sky digibox to RF in to DVD player.
Scart lead from digibox to TV
Scart lead from digibox into AV2 of DVD player.
Component leads from DVD player into TV.
Guideplus setting L2
Video in setting AV2
Input setting L2,but this doesnt seem to work.

Can anyone help? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Connect the scart marked "TV Scart" on the Sky box (set to output RGB instead of PAL within the "System", "Picture settings", "Video Output" menu) to the AV2 input (also set to input RGB) of the DVD Recorder

Connect the scart marked "TV Scart" on the Sky box (set to output RGB instead of PAL within the "System", "Picture settings", "Video Output" menu) to the AV2 input (also set to input RGB) of the DVD Recorder

Yes, he is right, use RGB Scart from Digibox to 440HX. Ignore the Scart output on the digibox marked VCR. Set "Power Save" to off to get RGB pass through. Set "AV2/L1 in" to RGB. Set "AV1 Out" to RGB.

What is the "RF out from sky digibox to RF in to DVD player"? Plug the freeview aerial straight into the 440HX.

Good luck, I think the 440HX is a really great unit, if you are happy with the remote.

Cheers JayCee and Chainsaw Dude for the quick response.

I'll try out your suggestions and report back.

Even though I haven't got the Pioneer working yet, it does look like a nice piece of kit, and has lots of potential, albeit the remote is abit tricky to use!

Thanks!

Its working!!! :thumbsup: Thanks for the advice, i've done away with the component leads, as the scart works fine from the Pioneer.

Im disappointed that picture quality of the Sky box via the VCR Scart is poor, as opposed to the output coming out of the TV scart from the digibox.

Is this supposed to happen?

Im disappointed that picture quality of the Sky box via the VCR Scart is poor, as opposed to the output coming out of the TV scart from the digibox.

Is this supposed to happen?

Yes, that's standard for all Sky digiboxes, RGB or Composite from the TV Scart and Composite only from the VCR Scart the reason being VCRs can't input an RGB signal...DVDRs are new on the scene (relatively speaking).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom