Question Help needed Samsung Soundbar with Iphone via BT

DiscoStu67

Novice Member
Hi Folks.
I have a Samsung Q80R soundbar attached to an LG 55" LED TV. That setup is working fine although it is a pain in the ring to turn it all on.
Anyway my query is when I play music to the soundbar via Bluetooth using my iphone (iTunes) I am getting some base distortion but only on a few songs. The speaker sounds like it is actually broken with a clicking distortion on base. I don't know whether I have a soundbar, iTunes, or iphone issue. Have I maybe set something up incorrectly or is BT just a crap medium? I've checked the bit quality of the songs and that seems fine.
Thought I'd ask a Forum as Apple will send me to Samsung and vice versa. Any tips or ideas for me?
Thanks in advance.
Paul

keithwiggins

have you tried airplay? its a far more robust system and offers in general better sound quality than Bt. if the distortion persists it could be a faulty driver although i would have thought that would have shown up through your normal listening via say the tv anyways.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You can rule out Bluetooth if the soundbar has an Aux input and your iPhone has a 3.5mm Headphone out (or the Lightning to 3.5mm adaptor).
Connect them this way and check if the distortion is still present on bass.

DiscoStu67

Novice Member
You can rule out Bluetooth if the soundbar has an Aux input and your iPhone has a 3.5mm Headphone out (or the Lightning to 3.5mm adaptor).
Connect them this way and check if the distortion is still present on bass.
Good idea. I'll give that a try
Thanks

DiscoStu67

Novice Member
have you tried airplay? its a far more robust system and offers in general better sound quality than Bt. if the distortion persists it could be a faulty driver although i would have thought that would have shown up through your normal listening via say the tv anyways.
Thanks Keith but Airplay isn't supported on the soundbar

DiscoStu67

Novice Member
Problem solved folks. It seems it was a Bluetooth issue.
I've loaded all my music onto a NAS device and stream it over wifi. All the distortion has gone.
Thanks for the help
Cheers
Paul

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom