Help needed regarding replacement of Panasonic e60

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dude1971, Mar 25, 2004.

1. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

My Panasonic e60 has been playing up this week, it stopped recording twice and then went into 'recover' mode while trying to delete a program from a DVD-Ram disk. Now it won't access any of my unfinished dvd-r's (which it could do quite happily before) and asks me to format the disk! It also gives me very bad feedback from the aerial, despite removing all the sources that I can think of and changing the RF settings.

I bought it from Richer Sounds, so I'm strongly considering taking it back and getting my money back as they don't seem to stock the e60 anymore.

The questions is, do I go for another e60 or has something come out in the last 6 months? The Toshiba dr1 has had good reviews, should I get that instead?

I use the e60 for DV archiving, so a front dv input is a must, Telewest digital and archicing my video tapes. I'd like to stick with -r as I bought loads of media for it.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Dude

:confused:

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Before you give up try playing a commercial dvd, this sometimes sorts the machine out and resets it

3. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Really? How does it do that?

Regards

Dude

4. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    No idea, just playing a different type of media can reset the machine and the fault goes away