Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help needed regarding replacement of Panasonic e60

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dude1971, Mar 25, 2004.

1. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

My Panasonic e60 has been playing up this week, it stopped recording twice and then went into 'recover' mode while trying to delete a program from a DVD-Ram disk. Now it won't access any of my unfinished dvd-r's (which it could do quite happily before) and asks me to format the disk! It also gives me very bad feedback from the aerial, despite removing all the sources that I can think of and changing the RF settings.

I bought it from Richer Sounds, so I'm strongly considering taking it back and getting my money back as they don't seem to stock the e60 anymore.

The questions is, do I go for another e60 or has something come out in the last 6 months? The Toshiba dr1 has had good reviews, should I get that instead?

I use the e60 for DV archiving, so a front dv input is a must, Telewest digital and archicing my video tapes. I'd like to stick with -r as I bought loads of media for it.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Dude

:confused:

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Before you give up try playing a commercial dvd, this sometimes sorts the machine out and resets it

3. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Really? How does it do that?

Regards

Dude

4. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    No idea, just playing a different type of media can reset the machine and the fault goes away