Help needed re: Sony camcorder.

kata_tutu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Had a Sony HC96 which recently got stolen. Have a lot of unedited tapes that need transfer to macbook. I have an old Sony TRV30 in storage. Would this adequately be able to transfer tapes from HC96 in terms of screen format. They both play the same tapes but the HC96 claims to be widescreen though I am not sure if it is 'true' widescreen. Otherwise I have to shop for a used HC96. Any ideas / thoughts?

Both camcorders have widescreen so nothing to be lost by trying it out. best guess it will work fine.

Thanks for the reply. I have dug out my old TRV30 and yes the old tapes seem to work in widescreen. Would there be any difference in playback quality with both machines in streaming into my mac? I know the TRV30 is a much older machine but still appears to look ok. Would the playback quality be less than the newer HC-96?

Thanks for the reply. I have dug out my old TRV30 and yes the old tapes seem to work in widescreen. Would there be any difference in playback quality with both machines in streaming into my mac? I know the TRV30 is a much older machine but still appears to look ok. Would the playback quality be less than the newer HC-96?

DV is pretty lossless so any improvement in quality produced by a newer camcorder would be preserved by the older one anyway. It's merely being used to transfer digital data so the end result should be identical. When I checked the specs of the two the TRV30 came out pretty well in the quality stakes anyway.

DV is pretty lossless so any improvement in quality produced by a newer camcorder would be preserved by the older one anyway. It's merely being used to transfer digital data so the end result should be identical. When I checked the specs of the two the TRV30 came out pretty well in the quality stakes anyway.

Thanks again. You have saved me from an unecessary Ebay purchase... Was monitoring an auction of a used HC96.... You are most knowledgable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom