1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed pleeeeezzzzeeee!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by susandavies39, May 21, 2004.

1. susandavies39

susandavies39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the following and I am finding it a nightmare!!! to set up.

Sony KD32dx100U TV 3 scarts 1 analogue aerial 1 digital
    Amstrad Satellite Dish 2 scarts
    Panasonic DVD Recorder 2 scarts
    Acoustic Solutions DVD player 1 scart
    1 Sharp vhs player NO Scart

I would like to be able to record from the tv, dvd player, vhs and satellite.
    I know its a lot to ask but has anyone any ideas??

Regards
    Sue :confused:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I can't find any details on the internet about your TV as I was interested to know how many of the scart sockets were RGB enabled.

If you were to connect the Digibox to the DVD Recorder and then onwards to AV1 scart on the TV, that would give you RGB pictures from both sources and therefore the best quality.

If the VCR has no scart sockets I dread to think how old it must be and would suggest that the easiest thing to do would be to pension it off and buy a new one as they are now comparatively cheap. The second scart socket from the Digibox would go to the VCR and then onwards to a spare scart socket on the TV.

Assuming that your TV has only one RGB scart socket you have the option of either buying a scart switching box which would take the DVD player plus the DVD recorder and output them both to the single RGB scart on the TV or connect the DVD player to one of the scarts on the TV that will accpet s-video signals and use that instead of RGB. If so you will have to enter the setup menus of the TV and DVD to tell it that you are using s-video.