• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help Needed Please !!

raymac1955

Hi Guys !

1st time poster on this particular forum, so please be gentle with me !

Had to dis-connect sky box in daughters bedroom a couple of days ago - plugged it all back in last night - perfect picture & sound on terrestrial channels but NO sound at all through sky ! great picture just no sound ! what have I done wrong ??

I am in real trouble with my eldest - please, please help :lease:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
raymac1955 said:
Hi Guys !

1st time poster on this particular forum, so please be gentle with me !

Had to dis-connect sky box in daughters bedroom a couple of days ago - plugged it all back in last night - perfect picture & sound on terrestrial channels but NO sound at all through sky ! great picture just no sound ! what have I done wrong ??

I am in real trouble with my eldest - please, please help :lease:

If it's connected by scart lead make sure it is pushed in firmly and squarely at both ends...take it out and re-insert...that would account for your problem, if the lead is secure try another if the problem persists.

raymac1955

Thanks JayCee !

Have made sure scart lead was secure - then when that did not work - I tried another scart lead & that didn`t work either ?

still got a great picture but no sound through sky - switched back to BBC1 & lo & behold I got sound ! thats whats so confusing ?? has the sky box defaulted (because it was unplugged) to some other sound setting ??

Thanks again for your quick response JayCee - but I am still in deep doggie do-do ! until I can get this sorted !!

JayCee

Distinguished Member
raymac1955 said:
Thanks JayCee !

Have made sure scart lead was secure - then when that did not work - I tried another scart lead & that didn`t work either ?

still got a great picture but no sound through sky - switched back to BBC1 & lo & behold I got sound ! thats whats so confusing ?? has the sky box defaulted (because it was unplugged) to some other sound setting ??

No, unlikely.
The first thing you need to establish is if it's the Digibox or TV at fault.
If the TV has a 2nd scart socket try it in that.
If still no joy beg, borrow or steal another TV with a scart socket and try it in that.
Report back with the outcome.

J

John Coleman

Can you get sound if you connect to an amp [or ghetto blaster] using the phono sockets on back of digibox?
Good luck John

raymac1955

Hi Guys !!

Thanks for your kindness & replies ! - I have finally resolved the problem by...................................wait for it - unplugging digi-box and then plugging it back in !! (highly technical) but it worked - unbelievable ! but true !

Thanks again guys !!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom