Help needed please !

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by John G, May 27, 2001.

1. John G

John G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I have just bought a Denon AVR 3801 and have been hooking it up today.I know someone is going to call me dumb but I cannot seem to access the on-screen set up menu.I have checked all conections but have an idea I am missing somethind really basic.Any help much appreciated.Thanks,John

2. pauld

pauld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You must connect the s-video connection to your tv from the video out connection at the rear of the amp. I dont have it permantly connected, I just connect it when I need to acces the menu which is very rare once set up.

Hope this helps

3. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What Paul means, is that you've probably got the pic from your player going direct to the TV. You need to connect to DVD-in on your amp, then either DVD/monitor-out to your TV. If the pic doesn't go through your amp, you won't be able to see it.
    If that's not the case, maybe there's a 'display' button somewhere on the remote?

4. John G

John G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Thanks for your replies guys.I have connected an S-video lead from Monitor S-video OUT (on the back of the Amp) to S-video IN on the front of my Sony TV as it says to do in the manual but I still cannot access the the Set-up menu.Does anyone have any oyher ideas? Thanks again,John

5. Gary Palmer

Gary Palmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    John G,

Don't want to ask the obvious but when you select different video inputs on the amp do you get the required picture on the telly ?

Are you connected to the TV directly from the DVD player (RGB Scart) as well as s-video from the amp ? If so you may need to force the TV to use the correct video input (it may default to RGB if there is a signal)

???

6. pavlos

pavlos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have the same setting and it works fine, did you remember to change the AV3 option from the sony TV settings from rear to front?

pavlos

[ 28-05-2001: Message edited by: pavlos ]