1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed please..

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by akarit1, Jan 28, 2005.

1. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the name of a ghost story I saw in the 70's(BBC drama I think).It was about a little boy who goes to live in a hospice kind of place run by a crazy Dr and he keeps hearing children humming a spooky tune,he finally sees a boy and girl with their arms across their chest walking towards him humming this music.Anyway it transpires that they were the ghosts of 2 kids that were murdered by this Dr for their hearts,hence they always covered their chests with their arms.The Dr was about to do the same to this kid as well but the ghosts intervene and stop him.I was a kid myself when this aired and slept with the lights on for days.I'd love to know what its called and if its available on dvd and of any other ghost stories(t.v.drama's) that may be out officially.
    Many thanks.

2. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,489
    could have been The Clifton House Mystery...

3. squirrely

squirrely

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Lost hearts,a short story by m.r james, adapted for t.v and shown on the bbc along with many others.

4. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks I think it may have been Lost hearts by M.R.James,wow it was such along time ago,I only watched it the once,but it left an impact on me just like Woman in black did.Anyways, does anyone know if this and others are available on dvd?? Shame the channels dont repeat some of these classic dramas'.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,238
    A load of MR James stories were repeated over the Christmas period.

6. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    "Lost Hearts" it is. Adapted by ITV for "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" and several years later by the BBC for their Christmas Ghost Story series.

Well creepy!

The BFI have released a couple of these BBC Christmas Ghost Stories on DVD, but there haven't been any for a while. Perhaps they'd sell better if the RRP of £19.99 for a single 40 minute episode was reconsidered?

7. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for that Pauley, yes its a shame prices are so dear for these types of dvd's.Still, will keep a look out for them,in the meantime thanks for the info - much appreciated.