Help needed please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by kevmiller, Aug 1, 2012.

1. kevmiller

kevmiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi guys hope this makes sense what I am going to say. I have a Sony HT-SS1300, blu ray surround sound, the speakers are coloured co ordinated ie blue red grey etc. My question is this I am placing my system in a different area of the room so now my speaker wires (both front and centres) are not long enough to reach where I need them to go. Can I get longer wires in the same colour from Sony, do they even need to be the same colour, the guy at maplins said they had to be ie I can't use one of the longer rear wires and plug it in to the fronts as the colour will not be the same. What is the solution to my problem? Cheers in advance. Hope it all makes sense.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  2. bow79

bow79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    you probably have special ends on these wires. However it is perfectly possible to cut the wires then bare the metal within the outer plastic and attach more wire to extend the lead. Make sure this is then surrounded by tape of some type so that the metal wires in themselves cannot touch each other.