1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed please

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by graeme0781, Jan 17, 2004.

1. graeme0781

graeme0781

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when looking to buy a dvd player/tv on ebay i keep finding ads offering expensive tvs/dvd players at really cheap prices. the seller isn't offering the item, just info on where it is (usually an ebook). can anyone tell me where these bargains are without charging me?

with regards

graeme

2. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,200
    I think that they are nothing more than a list of wholesalers. The info will be about buying in bulk, or asking a manufactuer for a sample unit or buying graded goods.

Hope this helps!

3. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    A lot of Plasma offers are pyramid nonsense, you buy some info, to where to buy expensive tat & get your name on a list, genuine sellers occasionaly put on links to the pyramid sites so people know what theyre getting into. Mainly plasmas, as there's not much draw in spending £200 to possibly get a Dvd. I dont know that they're all cons, like shodan says there is wholesaler info etc. Basicaly most of these things look too dodgy for my money. Check the feedback, ( watch if they've been buying or selling to get it). I am sure if some of these offers where straight, then people would be queing up to buy to resell at big markups. I see bargains all the time on Ebay, genuine dealers (with a track record) & private sellers selling unwanted goods (will you get what you've paid for? not a great deal of come back if not!). Read the ads carefully, where are the goods comeing from? Watch for ''hidden'' charges (post, import duties etc) Ask the vendor for the full sp, what the ad doesn't say often tells more than what it does (particularly with experienced sellers). Plenty of genuine bargins, but if it looks too good..........