Help needed please with buying first Plasma TV

Strykeruk

Standard Member
After having spent a long time reading these forums and making my mind up over which TV to purchase as my first plasma screen my choice has been complicated by the sudden reduction in prices at the retailer that I have been looking at. I had a budget of around £780 so was looking at the Panasonic X10 in 50”. However the new prices add three new contenders to the frame. Of these four which would you kind people recommend and why? This will mostly be used for normal TV and HD watching with the occasional DVD and a bit of Xbox 360 gaming. Any opinions welcome as I am now totaly confused as to which is the better buy.

Panasonic TXP50C10B £717.63

LG 50PQ6000 £729.99

Panasonic TX-P50X10B £749.99

LG 50PS3000 £759.99

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

E9 Smooth

After having spent a long time reading these forums and making my mind up over which TV to purchase as my first plasma screen my choice has been complicated by the sudden reduction in prices at the retailer that I have been looking at. I had a budget of around £780 so was looking at the Panasonic X10 in 50”. However the new prices add three new contenders to the frame. Of these four which would you kind people recommend and why? This will mostly be used for normal TV and HD watching with the occasional DVD and a bit of Xbox 360 gaming. Any opinions welcome as I am now totaly confused as to which is the better buy.

Panasonic TXP50C10B £717.63

LG 50PQ6000 £729.99

Panasonic TX-P50X10B £749.99

LG 50PS3000 £759.99

Thanks in advance

Panasonic TX-P50X10B gets my vote :thumbsup:

Monarch

Distinguished Member
Either the 50PQ6000 or the Panasonic X10, it's a very close call. If you spend a lot of time gaming at a time, or watch a lot of TV channels/programmes which have bright static images on screen then the X10 is the one to go for. Otherwise it's a very close call, I personally favour the LG slightly because of its extensive picture controls

Strykeruk

Standard Member
So thats one each for the X10 and the 6000, any more opinions. I am thinking of ordering it this weekend so any more opinions would be greatly apppreciated.

rewerb

So thats one each for the X10 and the 6000, any more opinions. I am thinking of ordering it this weekend so any more opinions would be greatly apppreciated.
If you can hold off a couple of days there will be an X10 review on this forum.
Image retention is more a problem with the LG, but as you do not game much that should not put you off.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom