Help needed please. TX-32LXD70 or LE32M87BDX

S

shadydaz

Hi all. This is my first post on the forums so excuse me if this information has been asked before. I am looking to buy a new 32" this week and cant decide between the Samsung LE32M87BDX or the Panasonic TX-32LXD70. I have looked at them online and in store and really cant decide. I will be using it mainly for Blu Ray movies and games via PS3(HDMI) and Xbox 360(component).

Also can anyone confirm whether either of these sets are HMDI 1.3? Finally the specs on the panasonic state it accepts a 1080p signal whereas the Samsung doesnt. Does this make a difference as both sets have a resolution of 1366x768.

Thank you very much for your help. :thumbsup:

dge

Standard Member
i have the le32m86 and is neraly perfect.
Two thing :
- i dont have a ps3 = jugger or not i dont know (but there is jugger with the pana)
- x360 via VGA = perfect
For dvd via a dvd player in component (480p=fantastic, better "than theater")

But the pana seems very good too

honkydonky

I have the Panasonic + PS3 via HDMI and it is stunning.

The Panosonic does accept a 1080p signal and then scales it, when you play a game it switches to the format of the game ie Motorstorm is 720p.
DVD's upscaled via PS3 you would swear they were in HD it really is that good.
SD Sky TV + freeview is also very very good via RGB scart.

If you buy the panasonic you will not be disappointed....but then you wouldn't with the Samsung either I expect they were my 2 choices too!

johnlondonw3

Standard Member
I got the Panasonic last week and bought an x box 360 at weekend,have t say it looks great...........maybe the price will decide it for you .
The Panasonic is £849 in John Lewis but you can get it for £599 from Richer Sounds

S

shadydaz

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated. Think im going to buy the Panasonic tonight from Empire Direct but if anyone else has an opinion please let me know.

gari189

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated. Think im going to buy the Panasonic tonight from Empire Direct but if anyone else has an opinion please let me know.
Well if you change your mind and go for the Sammy its £597.55 from Currys with a free Samsung DVD recorder (bit basic though). Just use the codes YAW800 and 50LCD. And if you go through Quidco you'll get about £23 cashback.....

S

shadydaz

Thanks Gari. Im still undecided to be honest, finding it really difficult to make my mind up. I think i'll leave it until tomorrow now.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom