Help needed please gamers. Daughter wants a console...

Paulie-W

My 10 year old wants a console for Christmas, and after much reading, it seems the Wii is pretty much past it in terms of anything other than little kids games (or am I wrong here?). So I have wittled it down to either a ps3 slim or the xbox slim. Either way it will have to be mounted on its side o accomadate space (vented but narrow in backless cabinet).

I have searched,googled and circled around and around as to which one to get, and keep coming up empty. She likes Harry potter, LotR and girlie stuff. Typical 10 yo i guess.

So what would you game guru`s suggest for a ten year old girl?

Oh yeah, one thing is we don`t have enough room for the kinnex thing from xbox as I read you need a lot of space to use it. So without buying yet another TV, that`s out of the question :)
TIA :smashin:

Hardc0r3

Definitely wii tbh,there will be alot more stuff of interest to her,its small and cheap too.

unlesss she's into call of duty or slaying zombies,shooting people....i think you can see where im going:smashin:

cheers.

Paulie-W

Definitely wii tbh,there will be alot more stuff of interest to her,its small and cheap too.

unlesss she's into call of duty or slaying zombies,shooting people....i think you can see where im going:smashin:

cheers.

Thanks mate
I was worried about what i`d read about the Wii and people slating it. But I would assume they`re the hard core gamers doing that. Appreciate your thoughts :smashin:

Hardc0r3

Thanks mate
I was worried about what i`d read about the Wii and people slating it. But I would assume they`re the hard core gamers doing that. Appreciate your thoughts :smashin:

yea no probs its a good console to jus turn on and play and it actually hass some originality in the games,you yourself will probably end up kicking ur daughter off and playing it urself :p,you should check out the new kirby game its pretty fun and im sure the family would enjoy it too.

quite a few good games out/coming out now too(kirby,007,donkeykong country return,epic mickey etc) and the homebrew scene is good too if you like that sort of thing.

Razor

Distinguished Member
Ask your daughter what console she would want as she might want the same as her friends so that they can swap games or play online together. The worst thing you could do is buy the wrong console for her. :)

Also ask her what type of games she wants to play, she might not like the type of games a wii has to offer and might prefer the games on a PS3 or 360.

Paulie-W

Ask your daughter what console she would want as she might want the same as her friends so that they can swap games or play online together. The worst thing you could do is buy the wrong console for her. :)

Also ask her what type of games she wants to play, she might not like the type of games a wii has to offer and might prefer the games on a PS3 or 360.

One of yer best friends has Wii, and she loves playing wii fit, so I would guess that`s where it`s coming from. She doesn`t like what she calls "Boy" games :laugh: Our neighbour of same age has a xbox 360 (as does his elder bro`) and all the play is the FPS type of stuff. She id a girly Girl at heart, and likes all the softer stuff on her DS.

I did try to sway her towards one of the other two, but that was just me being selfish I think :devil: Hey at the end of the day I don`t mind which one she gets, so long as she plays the damn thing.

I`ve earmarked this one on pre order, as it looks a pretty good deal.

Cheers for your thoughts :smashin:

Last edited:

ian_c_uk

My daughters have the following

7yr old - PS2, DS
9yr old - PS2, DS
11yr old - xbox(1), DS.

We have a 360 and wii downstairs. They never touch the 360, sometimes play the wii, mainly the younger two.

The 11yr old loves her DS, but also covets parent's iphones/ipod touch, if you are looking portable. She doesn't play the xbox1 much The PS2 gets a lot of use by younger two.

(if any of that helps!)

Paulie-W

Cheers Ian
I do sometimes have the feeling it`s going to end up a two hundred quid paperweight, but what can you do. This is all she has asked for (still no bloody concept of money).

ian_c_uk

Heh, sounds very familiar!

If you went for an ipod touch, it would at least be a music / vid player if she got bored of games?

(you can disable web access)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom