help needed,philips freeview cables

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by vernsberet, Jul 30, 2005.

1. vernsberet

vernsberet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there ppl,could someone help me with a diagram or post of exactly which cable goes from what hole,i can get the border which tells u what channel your on but no picture,also i have no card yet ,is that the problem? i though u only neede a card for the xtra channels,look forward to hearing from someone ,thank you

2. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Well apart from the power cable which you obviously have all you need is a coaxial cable connecting an aerial to the aerial socket on the box (make sure it is the aerial in socket and not the out one for pass through to the TV) and a Scart from the Scart socket on the box probably marked TV to a scart on the TV.
    You need to check that the TV is set to the right AV input. Probably 1 and you need to go into the Philips menu and do a channel search. From memory it is under getting started, if you have not done that already.
    You may of course not have a good enough Freeview signal in your area in which case none of this will make a difference.

Hope this helps, you did not say what you had done or connnected already so sorry if this sounds a bit basic.

Richard

PS I presume you do not have a manual because that has the connection diagrams. You can probably get one or a very similar one at the Philips site. Click here