1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed - Panasonic Viera 37PE30 DVB problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ghentlan, Feb 4, 2005.

1. ghentlan

ghentlan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I need some help with my nearly new Panasonic 37 inch viera TV.

I tried a software update a couple of nights ago which appears to have caused all DVB settings to die completely. The software update seemed to be going well - I got a yellow download bar and then a blue box telling me the update was in progress. It then went to a black screen which I left alone for approx 10 minutes. From this point on I've not been able to view any DVB channels or access the DVB menus (to try and re-update or reset it) successfully.

I've tried a reset using the volume down/information key combination, which told me the self check had failed (but bizarrely most of the rows said 'OK'). I then turned it off for 5 minutes before powering back on but still no DVB.

Any ideas?

Anyone else had this?

Is the TV supposed to black-screen during the software update process or is mine special?

:lease:

Possibly related to the above... it seems to want to retune analogues signals every time it starts up now, but that might not be related.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. ghentlan

ghentlan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow thanks for the quick reply.

After reading that thread it does seem to be exactly the same problem. Panasonic are telling me to call my retailer at the moment but I can't get through yet....

Don't really fancy a long wait for a replacement part either, is there any way of speeding things up?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    panasonic do have a "dedicated" plasma line thing how old is the screen? I would keep trying retailer and also try panny for Baron Mcanns numbers (they have the contract for panny repairs) in the UK did you buy online? or a local shop?

5. ghentlan

ghentlan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The TV is about 1 month old and bought from RGB Direct (I collected it from their Loughton, Essex branch). I've been calling panasonic's 08705 357 357 number and using option 1 which I assume is the dedicated line you mention. If not do you have the number?

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i dont sorry mate as its within one month i would keep trying RGB direct (they will probably bounce you back to panny tho) It is very very hard to get through to panny tho mate just have to keep trying.....