Help Needed - Panasonic 54Z1 Plasma and HDMI/Baluns Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenz

Prominent Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Here's an interesting one. I've nearly completed my Home Cinema room install, everything PJ related is working perfectly. However I have an issue with my Plasma.

TV
The Plasma is an old Panasonic 54PZ1. It features a separate "Connections Box" to the main panel. This box houses all the inputs (Scart, Component, HDMI etc) and also has the TV HDMI output. This box also controls menu access (!).

Setup
In my setup I have the Plasma wall mounted connected to Wyrestorm Baluns and then back to the AV Rack via CAT6 UTP containing the AV Receiver and the Z1 Connection Box.

So in simple terms the chain is:
Source -> AV Receiver -> Z1 Connections Box -> Baluns -> CAT6 -> Baluns -> Plasma

Issue
In the setup above the picture flashes on and off as if there is a temporary handshake issue.

If I remove the Z1 Connection Box from the chain which becomes:
Source -> AV Receiver -> Baluns -> CAT6 -> Baluns -> Plasma

The picture works perfectly. So something within the Connections box is causing an issue. I cannot leave it like this though as without the Connections Box I cannot access any settings on the TV or use the remote!

Sure I could configure the TV once and then just leave it but it's kind of restrictive and somewhat of a last resort :eek:

Any ideas? Suggestions (apart from "just watch the PJ" :laugh:)?
Regards Neil.

Maybe I should have posted this in the TV Forum :D

The cables forum is probably your best bet. There are sub forums for matrix devices and cat 5/6 balun solutions.

Thanks. Mods please close this thread as I reported in Cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom