• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Help needed on new 4k TV

dafunk2

Standard Member
Hi all. I'm currently in the process of upgrading my current TV (an old 43" plasma) and would love some recommendations for a good 49" 4k LED TV. I will mainly be using it for viewing Sky Q and Netflix. I'll also watch some sport. It won't be used for gaming. Best picture would be a priority for me. My budget is around £700.

Any help would be massively appreciated as my head's boxed with all the different options available!! :(

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
Good option. XF85 is similar.

XF90 is better again, but will only drop to c£800 in next few months.

Other than the Sony models choice at 49” is poor, with most sets having a 60hz panel

dafunk2

Standard Member
Good option. XF85 is similar.

XF90 is better again, but will only drop to c£800 in next few months.

Other than the Sony models choice at 49” is poor, with most sets having a 60hz panel

Do you know what the difference is between the XF87 and XF85?

Dodgexander

Do you know what the difference is between the XF87 and XF85?
They are the same TV but sold in different places.
One is black, one is silver.
One has motionflow 1000, one 800 - It means nothing unless you know you are going to use motion interpolation on its maximum setting.

Analysis

49" XF90 in a few months is the best option with HDR content, then the XF85, these are the only sets with 120hz panels, otherwise you could go with a 50" model and save a bunch of money on say the LG UK6470 or 6750, or the Hisense A6100 for around £350-400 and will probably be fine for your needs.

General Buying Tips

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom