1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed on halo level, SPOILER

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Bonesy, May 29, 2002.

1. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I am stuck on a halo level, and would appreciate help.
    careful, spoiler if you haven't played it yet,

the library, on heroic. start off, and have to follow that thing.
    as soon as I start, it kicks off and there's baddies everywhere.
    am I meant to shoot all? or run? it seems a long way to go run without dying, or am I going the wrong way?

Any help would be appreciated.:(

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Take it slowwwww don't immediately go running after cheeky spark or whatever he's called. You'll get swamped by more flood.

Deal with the flood currently attacking you before moving forward and ensure you never run out of ammo: pick up a shotgun first chance you get the pistol is pretty useful for picking them off at long distance too. Failing that plasma rifle. Also be careful with the grenades the plasmas will stick to the flood who will most likely be running towards you at the time ( not good). Ignore the larvae (melee them) unless your shield is down they are harmless. You'll find the odd medipack if you go investigating nooks and crannies.

Always have a defensible location close at hand (you'll spot plenty of them) : get your back against a wall with a bit of a corner between you and the flood to stop them firing on you then just blow em away as the stick their heads rounds and chuck the odd grenade over for good measure. When things quieten down continue forward until you start to pick up movement or see flood in the distance then get yourself into a sweet spot and blast the heck out of them . (watch out for the ones that leap at you take em down with a shotgun blast in mid-air oh and sometimes they get back up again !)

(its possibly the most fun/intense level although curiously I don't find the flood any more difficult to deal with comparing heroic to legendary)

The covenant on the other hand are insane !
    Crikey I'm excited just thinking about it !

3. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    CHeers, Keith,

Sounds like top tips. I must admit, legging it through really did scare the sh*T out of me, they're everywhere !