1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed on custom installation

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by alexburn, Apr 8, 2005.

1. alexburn

alexburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, :lesson:
    Currently designing layout of my house to include 3 or 4 TVs in different rooms, DVD player, Video player, Sky, and CCTV. Please see diagram attached for components that I need to link and their relevant outputs/inputs.
    I would like to be able to send all signals from all units to all TVs but not sure how to link them all up. Can someone please suggest some options that I could try, baring in mind that I'd also like to be able to send analogue aerial signals if at all possible although that is not as important!
    [​IMG]
    Any help much appreciated! :lease:
    Thanks
    Alex

2. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Alex,

The simplest way would be to modulate the DVD and CCTV up to UHF analogue channels and pipe them round as traditional tv channels using CT series coax or a similar CAI approved cable.

However this can be seen as a degrading step to the quality of the DVD player. And the IR routing and control can be ackward to set up.

An alternative would be to use a AV Matrix to switch composite video and audio sources to between different tv's.

Something like the AV Nex Nexus will switch 6 AV inputs to 6 AV outputs all over Cat5e. It also offers intelligent IR routing which targets the device you are watching rather than broadcasting the signals to anything on the network.

Hope that helps.

Chris