Help needed on buying first camcorder please.

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by JIT, Aug 12, 2002.

1. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm looking to buy my first camcorder soon.
    I have £500 to spend and want a digital(mini dv) camera which can also take still photographs.
    I don't really know anything about all the latest features available so all i'd like are some reccommendations about what to buy and where to get the best price for it, thanks.

2. Dubbing Mixer

Dubbing Mixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I can''t give you specific model recommendations but I would suggest you stick to the 'mainline' manufacturers. I have had good experiences with Panasonic's lower end offerings. Hopefully somebody with more recent experience will also reply with specifics. Otherwise, go buy a copy of Camcorder User and read carefully.

3. Dubbing Mixer

Dubbing Mixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    PS The best price isn't always a good deal. You need to consider service where camcorders are concerned.

4. altruist

altruist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony has reshuffled its showcase with a lot of new models. except for the lowest one TRV-18 which is priced at 800 dollars on SONY SALE, others are all 1 megapixel cameras which means that they would function as good still cameras too. But they range between $900 and $1500 in the Single CCD series. Its real hard to suggest a model. Take a look at the price and decide on the features you would need the most.